Monday, October 15, 2012

Creating the One Stroke Way - Day 15


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 (NKJV)

Last year I was asked by a friend to help decorate a bulletin board in the foyer of our church building. We threw around different ideas and settled upon the scripture you see above. We had been working through an in-depth study of the Holy Spirit in one of our classes and were going to be taking a look at this verse in Galatians, so it seemed very fitting. 

Now, whether it was from the moving of the Spirit, or just me looking for an opportunity to do something I've wanted to try for some time, I may never know. BUT, I told my friend that I knew just what we could put on that board. She liked my idea, and I pulled my paint bucket out and got to work. The picture at the opening of this post is what I ended up with.

The bowl of fruit you see above is the result.  I am strictly an amateur, it may not be a masterpiece, but it was great fun and I was pleased with the result. Now, look below to see the inspiration for my bowl of fruit.

This magnetic dishwasher cover was the perfect thing to brighten my kitchen and I had been wanting to try painting a picture similar. Come back tomorrow, and I'll share with you tips on creating this little 'still life' and maybe another fruit-y project or two.

See Day 1 for a listing of all the posts in this series.

If you'd like to know more about the One Stroke Painting method created by Donna Dewberry, or if you are interested in her workshops, instruction books or other products, you can check her website at http://www.dewberrycrafts.com/

You can find other inspiring posts from hundreds of over a thousand bloggers joining in the 31 Days series adventure hosted by The Nester. Click on over for ideas on everything from diy home decor to homemade gifts, new and improved recipes to how-to-clean and organize anything and lots more!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter (7) loves to paint. She does mostly abstract stuff. Your fruit bowl turned out lovely:)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts