Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Peek Into My Day





Outside my window...
I see my children building a snowman, a snow fort, a snow chair

I am thinking...

I would like to simplify. Such hard work, but oh, so worth it.

I am thankful for...
a healthy family this winter. Hardly a sniffle, no flu, no fevers.
It could change tomorrow, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.


From the school rooms...

high seas and tropical islands, courage and bravery

From the kitchen...

Homemade Granola Homemade
Grapenuts

Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies


I am wearing...

denim tiered skirt, white turtleneck w/ striped burgandy blouse, purple fuzzy socks

I am creating...

a little girl's crocheted pink poncho prairie dresses for 3 sweet nieces

I am going...

to clean out the download folder on the computer stay inside where it's warm
and let hubbie go out to play in the snow with the littles


I am reading...
Exodus
How To Homeschool by Gayle Graham Call It Courage by Armstrong Sperry

I am hoping...
in the promises of my God

I am hearing...
some of my favorite music playing in the background:
Steve Green, Nat King Cole, Showtunes from favorite musicals, favorites from Praise&Worship, Randy Travis Inspirational Hymns

Around the house...
floors are swept clean, a bucket of legos was turned upside down,
the machines in Mike's workshop are whirring away


One of my favorite things...

homeschoolfreebieoftheday

A few plans for the rest of the week:
doing my best to stay warm focus in on school schedule for next week


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

I did my best to soak up the sweetness of my first grandbaby while I could. It'll have to last me quite some time.


A big thank you to Peggy over at 'The Simple Woman's Day Book' for the inspiration of the blog post - you can visit her at:

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts