Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oh my, Oh my! How Time Does Fly!



It seems only yesterday we first entertained royalty. In actuality, it was 11 years ago today. You see, that was the day Esther Grace was born. Queen Esther, we affectionately call her. It had been a little over 8 years since we had brought home a new baby blessing, and so we were all too happy to oblige as she held court. We rather enjoyed gazing upon our very own royal baby. I remember how we would sit and watch and oooo and aaahhhhh and touch and snuggle and kiss and squeeze her. 
Queen Esther holding court
no longer the baby brother!


Well, I blinked and now she's getting so grown up! Right before my very eyes she's becoming a young lady. 11 years old already!
Happy Birthday, Esther!


Here you see her modeling her birthday dress. She chose the fabric and the pattern. Lovely!

These days Esther enjoys reading and handicrafts such as sewing, embroidery, making accessories (never can have too much jewelry and hairbobs!). She also likes spending time with Felicity (her American Girl doll) - you might notice the green riding suit she received from her sister.

 

Eleven years. Wow. It will take me some time to get used to that number. But I'm so happy you are my daughter, and I treasure the time we get to spend together. Your Dad and I thank God for you every day. We love you, dear daughter, very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts