Thursday, January 24, 2013

'Tis a Sad, Sad Day

It is with a heavy heart that I share sad news. My faithful friend who greets me each morning, puts a sparkle in my eye and a smile on my face so I am ready to begin a new day has gone on to that Great Brewing Land Beyond. 

A shock, but true. As is my normal custom, I measured out the coffee grounds, poured in fresh water, hit the brew button. I turn to continue conversation with my son and several minutes later, it occurs to me I do not hear that wonderful little perk-perk-perk sound, and my nose is not tickling happy with that amazing aroma the morning's coffee brings forth. 

What?! Oh, I must have forgotten to push the button. Nope, button was pushed. 
Is it plugged in? Yes.
Did I remember to add the water? Reservoir is full.
Were these questions necessary? Yes. I do sometimes forget to push the button, or plug it in, or fill the reservoir. (I know, I have issues)
Luke and I worked to resuscitate her, but alas, to no avail. All systems say 'GO' but water pump fails to pump.
We boil water on the stove top to manually brew one last pot (this . And then we say 'good-bye, old friend'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts