Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 7/16 to 7/22

Photobucket
This week I'm wrapping up another month of menus. In another 10 days or so I'll be starting fresh, stocking up the pantry and freezers and I'm so happy to be receiving ideas, motivation and inspiration from Laura's Menu Plan Monday (I'll belinking up over at OrgJunkie.com)

You'll again see squash on the menu this week. Luke cooked it up on the grill a couple of weeks ago. Delish!  Just slice lengthwise, brush lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salt and lemon pepper. Toss onto hot grill, cook a couple minutes on each side and Voila!  Perfect side dish for the backyard barbeque.

Last week I was pleased with how the zucchini boats turned out. Some in the family were a bit skeptical, and a few did not fully appreciate the culinary sublimity (is that a word? it is now!). I thought they were great, and enjoyed the leftovers next day for lunch! I hollowed out a bit down the center, sauteed up whatever fresh veggies I had on hand (onion, carrot, peppers, broccoli, cauli, celery) and filled in the hollow. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.

Another common theme you'll notice is that many days I'm using an ingredient or portion of the meal that was prepped on my Big Cooking Day prior to the beginning of the month. This makes menu planning and meal prep fast and easy. Saves on physical labor, time in the kitchen and brain work.


Monday
 b'fast--Muffins (cinnamon & blueberry)
lunch-Tuna RollUps (kids' on tortillas, mom's on lettuce leaf)
supper--Squash Bake (based on this recipe and this recipe), Cowboy Beans, Mom's WW Bread

Tuesday 
b'fast--Oatmeal
lunch--Sandwiches
supper--Pasta Salad w/ Chicken (cooked chicken from freezer)

Wednesdayb'fast--Toast
lunch--FishSticks
supper--Spaghetti w/ Meatballs (meatballs and sauce in freezer)

Thursdayb'fast--Toast
lunch--
supper--Nachos, Homemade Tortilla Chips (mom&dad's date night)

Fridayb'fast--Eggs, Hashbrowns
lunch--Sandwiches
supper--Pizza (pizza pak in freezer)

Saturday 
b'fast--Pancakes
lunch--leftovers
supper--Luke Grills Hamburgers (patties in the freezer), Baked Potato Rounds

Sunday 
b'fast--Bagels, Fruit, Yogurt
lunch--Venison & Rice (crockpot meal, cooked venison already in freezer)
supper--Popcorn, Every Man, Woman, Child for Themselves


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting "2 Make Ends Meet" this morning! I would love those zucchini boats you made...I wish my family liked zucchini as much as I do...maybe someday they will learn to like it! Blessings on your week! :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts