Monday, July 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 7/8 to 7/14


Photobucket
Summer is flying by. Getting my weekly menu printed and posted has made the week go so much more smoothly. It's all about saving energy - isn't that the 'thing' to do in this day and age? Conserve energy? The energy I'm talking about is BRAIN energy. And when I conserve my brain energy, it gives me more physical energy.

Really!!!

 Try it! Sit down and make a plan, consult the plan, work the plan, come back to the plan when you stray from the plan. Having a plan is the greatest tool a woman/mother/wife can have.

But, remember, it is YOUR tool. You are not to be a SLAVE to the plan. Make it work for you.

On Mondays I pop in here with my Menu Plan. But this idea of having a plan can transfer over into planning out your week, planning out your projects, planning out family activities. Whatever it is that seems to make your life overly busy, overly stressful.


Monday
 b'fast--Egg/Cheese Burritos
lunch--Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
supper--Leftovers, Zucchini Boats

Tuesday 
b'fast--Cereal
lunch--Mama's Chicken Soup
supper--Honey Glazed Chicken

Wednesdayb'fast--Baked Oatmeal
lunch--Ramen w/ veggies
supper--Venison (crockpot)

Thursdayb'fast--Whole Wheat Toast
lunch--Sloppy Joes
supper--They're On Their Own (mom&dad's date night)

Fridayb'fast--Blueberry Muffins
lunch--Sandwiches
supper--Pizza

Saturday 
b'fast--Pancakes
lunch--Leftovers
supper--Sausage, Kraut, Fried Potatoes

Sunday 
b'fast--Bagels, Fruit, Yogurt
lunch--??? Get-Together with Church Friends
supper--Popcorn, Every Man, Woman, Child for Themselves

4 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago, I painted my basement door with chalkboard paint - every weekend (and even during the week), I list "things to do" - it's always right there, and my guys are pretty good about occasionally crossing things off! You're right, too - it does make it SO MUCH easier to have a reference to go back to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm popping in for a visit from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday today!
    You have a delicious menu planned.
    I hope you continue to enjoy the summer in your neck of the woods.
    Can you believe we were already at 101 degrees at 10am, in Las Vegas?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to make some Ramen with veggies. I never think to do that and it's something that would be pretty quick to do. Thanks for stopping by yesterday and thanks for sharing your menu plan. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the idea of chalkboard paint. painting the basement door - brilliant!
    Hi Berry! glad you stopped in. The heat has been visiting us here in MO -- a cool front this week, only mid 90's!
    Julia, I only recently revived the Ramen idea around here -- it's been perfect for this record heat we've had, and easy on the pocketbook, too.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts